1. Eligibility for membership in the Normanoch Association, Inc. (hereinafter “Normanoch” or “Association”) is restricted to owners of property, only one membership per lot, unless in current membership as of December 31, 2007, within the area defined on the official boundary map of the Association.
a.An owner of property shall be defined as:
i.An owner of a lot within the Association boundaries with a residential dwelling situated thereon, or ii.An owner of a conforming building lot within the Association boundaries as defined by the Frankford Zoning Ordinances at such time as said owner has obtained a building permit for the construction of a single family dwelling, or
iii.An owner of a non-conforming building lot within the Association boundaries at such time as said owner obtains all necessary bulk variances and a building permit from the Township of Frankford for the construction of a single family dwelling.
b.Owners of property—part of which is inside and part outside the Association boundaries—must have existing or proposed single family residential dwellings located on the portion of their property that is within the Association boundaries in order to qualify as owners of property as defined above.
2. Membership in the Association is restricted to those who own stock in the Normanoch Association, Inc. and
Are approved by the Board of Directors,
Pay the Initiation fee,
Pay all required dues, fees, assessments and charges, and
Adhere to all Normanoch Association rules and regulations.
3. Membership is available only to residents and private family use. Business memberships are not allowed.
4. A membership cannot be transferred from one property owner to another. On sale and purchase of property, the new owner must submit an application for membership to the secretary of the Association for consideration by the Board of Directors.
5. The membership year and privileges shall be from February 1 through January 31.
6.Members must submit annual membership applications/agreements (hereinafter “application”). Each annual membership shall require a properly and completely signed annual application by the member, acceptance of the annual application by the Board of Directors, and the payment of all membership dues, fees, assessments, and charges by the member. The Board of Directors shall reject an annual application that is not properly and completely signed by member. Membership privileges shall cease and be suspended until the Board of Directors receives both a properly and completely signed annual application and payment of membership dues, fees, assessments, and charges. A failure to properly and completely sign an annual application or to make payment shall be deemed a violation of these rules and regulations.
7.Any former member who has not paid continuous annual dues and who has allowed his/her membership to lapse for two or more consecutive years will be required to: a.Apply for membership,b.Pay the current initiation fee and all unpaid back dues, fees, assessments and charges for the most recent three years (effective February 1, 2014 - the most recent five (5) years), and c.Pay the annual dues, fees, assessments and charges for the current year.
8.Membership privileges a.Swimming b.Boating c.Fishing d.Water Skiing e.Aquaplaning f.Tubingg.Wake Boarding h.Knee boarding i.Scuba diving j.Ice fishing k.Ice skating l.Ice boating m.Snowmobiling n.Use of clubhouse and clubhouse grounds o.Participation in club activities p.Normanoch News q.Placement of items (e.g., docks, floats, boats) in the water at the end of ROWs at the discretion of the Board of Directors
9.Membership privileges extend to the member, his/her immediate residing family, and bona fide guests. If a member rents a dwelling unit to another family, only one family, usually the renting family, may exercise membership privileges during the rental period. The member will be responsible for the tenants' proper exercising of membership privileges and responsibilities. Boat registration is limited to the member only, as stated in item I.4, Normanoch Boat Registration. A rental agreement obtained from the Association must be completed by all parties and returned to the office on a yearly basis. After the first rental of the year a fee will apply for each rental agreement processed thereafter.
10.If membership privileges are desired for occupants of any dwelling unit, the owner must maintain membership for that dwelling unit.
11.Members are responsible for making sure that all family members, guests, and tenants are informed of and abide by the Association’s rules and regulations.
12.A failure by a member, his/her family member, tenant or guest to follow the rules and regulations of the Association may be grounds for the member’s membership or privileges being suspended or revoked.The Association shall provide written notice to the member setting forth the alleged specific violation of the rules and regulations.The Board of Directors (or its designated committee) shall then, upon due written notice to the member, hold a hearing concerning the alleged violation, and thereafter render a decision in writing.The decision, which may include suspension, revocation or other action, shall be determined in the sole and absolute discretion of the Board of Directors (or its designated committee), and shall be deemed final.
13.Maximum Association membership shall be limited to 500 memberships. When the membership reaches the maximum, applications for membership will be handled in accordance with board adopted policies prescribing the procedures for obtaining membership.
14.Members are responsible for limiting access to the lake through their property by anyone other than a family member, guest or tenant.
15.All activities on the lake and on Association property are undertaken at the individual's own risk. The Normanoch Association, Inc. assumes no liability for these activities.
16.In the event that the Association becomes involved in any lawsuit or other legal proceeding with a member (the "litigating member") concerning either (a) the use and enjoyment by the Association or its members of any right-of-way leading to Culver Lake, or (b) the terms and provisions of these rules and regulations, or the association's by-laws, or (c) any decision made by the Board of Directors of the Association, and the Association is determined to be the prevailing party in the lawsuit or other legal proceeding, the Association shall be entitled to collect the reasonable attorney's fees and costs incurred by it in the lawsuit or other legal proceeding from the litigating member. The Association shall be entitled to cause the attorney's fees and costs to be set forth in the judgment or order entered in the lawsuit or other legal proceeding and to collect the same as if they were an assessment owed to the Association by the litigating member.
17.Members are responsible for any and all damage (including but not limited to vandalism and theft) to Association property caused by them, their family members, tenants and guests, which may result in their membership or privileges being revoked or suspended in accordance with item A.12 above.
B.NEW MEMBERSHIP FEES
1. A new owner of property in good membership standing (for which dues, fees, assessments and charges are paid to date) shall pay an initiation fee as established by the Association.A new owner of property not in good membership standing shall pay an initiation fee as established by the association and the dues, fees, assessments and charges noted in item B.6 below.
2. A member in good standing shall not be required to pay another initiation fee because of purchase of another property or dwelling unit, whether it is in addition to or replaces his/her previous property/dwelling.
3. A membership may be transferred to another member of the immediate family without payment of a new initiation fee, provided the family member becomes the owner of the property.
4. Multiple dwellings are defined as either one (1) dwelling structure housing multiple families or more than one livable dwelling structure per lot.
5. Owners of property for which annual membership dues, fees, assessments and charges have not been paid on a continuous basis for two (2) years will be required to pay all such outstanding amounts up to a maximum of the most recent three years (effective February 1, 2014 - the most recent five (5) years) in addition to the initiation fee.
6. New members shall pay annual dues, fees, assessments, and charges for the current year, and any prior years not to exceed 3 years (effective February 1, 2014 - five (5) years) if the former owner of the property did not do so or from the date the building permit was issued.
7 .Effective December 31, 2007, membership will be available only to one (1) single family residential unit per lot. Existing multiple dwelling unit memberships in good standing shall be grandfathered.
1. A member property owner shall pay annual dues, fees, assessments, and special charges as set by the Board of Directors in order for the member to be good standing to use and enjoy his or her membership privileges.
2. Dues are not refunded or prorated by the Association.
3.Dues are payable by February 1 and are late if not paid before March 1. Membership privileges shall cease until payment is received.
4.Dues paid after the last day of February must be accompanied by a late fee. On the first of March and each succeeding month, the late fee increases. The dollar amounts of current late fees are stipulated each year in the instructions for filling out the annual membership application.
5.It is intended that dues be paid on a continuous and uninterrupted basis. Owners of property and/or dwelling units for which dues have not been paid for a year or more will be required to pay all outstanding dues and assessments plus a late fee, as explained above. This shall be limited to a maximum of three years (effective February 1, 2014 - five (5) years). Dues for future years will not be accepted until these payments are made in full.
6.Dues, assessments, charges, and late fees for each unit of a multiple dwelling shall be the same as they are for single family dwellings. (effective February 1, 2014 - the most recent five (5) years).
7.All past dues, fees, assessments, and charges must be fully paid before current membership will be granted. In certain special cases, the Board of Directors may authorize past amounts due to be paid on an installment basis.
8.Special assessments and charges, in addition to dues, may be authorized by the Board of Directors. Effective February 1, 2014 - the initiation fees will increase.Any member which has lapsed by two (2) years or more will pay the new initiation fee in addition to five (5) years back dues, assessments and fees.
1. Badges will be issued for the current year after the payment of all dues, fees, assessments and charges. There will be a fee to replace/reissue any badge/sticker.
2.Plainly visible badges must be worn at the following locations:
The clubhouse, dock, beach, swimming area, and other Association properties,
Rights-of-way, and On the lake when it is frozen.
a.Upon renewal of membership, an unlimited number of badges, at no additional fee, will be issued to the immediate family members residing at the same permanent address as the member applying for membership. (See Membership above)
i. Badges are not interchangeable or transferable. They are issued to individual members.
b. In addition, members in good standing may request badges, in person at the Association office only, for the following family members (hereinafter, “badge holder”), at no additional cost:
ii. Family members in one generation on either side of the member to include mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, sons-in-law, daughters-in-law, step parents and step children, and
iii. Members' grandchildren.
4. Guest badges for a fee, will be issued according to the following rules:
a.Up to eight (8) badges per day per membership.To be issued by the clubhouse staff on duty.Badges must be checked out by an adult member only.
b.The registering member must accompany a guest on all Association property and ROWs.
c. Bona fide guests must live more than one mile from the Association Membership area.
Copyright 2011-Normanoch Association-All rights reserved
This site was designed by Izzy Johnston